Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
 
Untitled Document
 
 
Untitled Document
ABOUT
Overview
Vision, Mission & ACE
Principal's Message
Key Personnel
Quick Facts
WMS Group
 
 
Untitled Document
 
Brief History


Brief school history

Wesley Methodist School traces its roots to Methodist Girls’ Continuation School which was founded round about 1935 by Miss M.D.Royce. The school was later renamed Methodist Girls’ Afternoon School. It was a private school run by the Methodist Mission for girls who failed to get places in fully assisted government schools. The operation of the school was disrupted by the Second World War but reopened in 1945. Classes were held in the afternoon in the premises of the Methodist Girls Secondary School. Beginning 1963, some classes were accommodated in the former Malay Girls Hostel building. The students studied the same syllabus as the fully assisted government schools!

The school’s name was later changed to Methodist Girls Institute (Institut Methodist Perempuan). Then in June 1994 the school became known as Methodist High School Melaka (Sekolah Tinggi Methodist Melaka). In line with the Methodist Council of Education’s aspiration to rebrand all our Private Methodist Schools, the school was renamed Wesley Methodist School Melaka (Sekolah Methodist Wesley Melaka) with effect from December 2009.


 
 
 
Untitled Document